Friday, February 19, 2010

Fork In The Road!


I feel like I've come to a fork in the road. I'm in danger of just basically repeating myself. Things really calmed down and fell into a routine after that summer. We all still get together for our Friday night fun and games. Danny is still, and always will be, my one and only man. Oh, believe me, I've had offers but always turned them down. Some knew about me and some didn't. If I am anything I am loyal. My family, my friends and my career are all that matter to me. I spent many hours at work at the restaurant climbing up the ladder that eventually led me to be an executive chef. I learned that my real interest was in the management end of the business. I enrolled in several good culinary schools not only to refine my cooking skills but to learn the actual dynamics of making a restaurant successful. Not, by any means, an easy task. I spend very little time now actually cooking although one of my passions is to test recipes and make them more assessable to the average home cook. I get paid, quite handsomely, for consulting. Spending some time in a restaurant and identifying the problems is a challenge I adore. Sometimes it works out and some times it just doesn't. I also write for several food and wine publications. When you don't see a post from me in a while then you know I'm either traveling or trying to make a deadline. I try to fly these days as little as possible. I love my life, so far, and I love being a woman. Some people my argue that I'm really not a woman because I don't have ovaries or get a period every month. I know the truth. My sex is between my ears and not between my legs. I have no plans to "go all the way" with SRS. I've been criticised in some circles for this. I just don't feel the need. Period. End of story!

I've gotten some lovely E-mails from some of you requesting that I write about the girls. I've decided that that is what I will do for the near future. I would have to start with Monica, of course. I love her dearly and don't know what my life would have been like without her. Laura and Stephanie as well as Stacy and Chrissy will follow.

If there is anything else you wish to know please don't hesitate to write to me, either here or in an e-mail. I must warn you that any "hate" generated in my direction will be removed. Censorship? Maybe. It's my blog and I want the energy here to be positive and stimulating.

More soon.....kisses, Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment